On Feb 26, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Joe Abley wrote:
On 26-Feb-2007, at 11:39, Cat Okita wrote:

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Joe Abley wrote:
We would be interested to hear what people think about this idea. For example:

How would this fit with your corporate travel policies?

Would you be more or less likely to attend a winter meeting in the
Dominican compared to soemewhere in the US or Canada? Why?

I'd expect that the company would consider it to be even more of a
junket that it already thinks conferences are.

So, to be clear, you do not expect that you'd be able to come to a meeting in the Dominican Republic, but you'd have no such problem persuading people to let you go to (say) Los Angeles or San Francisco?

I cannot speak for others, but I do not anticipate a problem doing to DR for NANOG. Think of it this way: They let me go to Amsterdam for RIPE.... :)

Another datapoint, I would very much like to see the NORTH AMERICAN NOG have meetings outside the US. Two in eastern Canada and the rest in the US for our entire history is not what I would call diversity in host countries.
--
TTFN,
patrick