Rodney Joffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Perhaps the DR is not considered North America, but I thought it
>> was.  It is closer to Florida than Puerto Rico, which is part of
>> the US.  If the DR is not in NA, then we can have a discussion
>> about the applicability of NANOG meeting there.
>
> Probably the appropriate discussion to have first...
>
> DR is considered Central America, not North America.
> https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/dr.html

Central America is not a continent; North and South America are.
Countries that one normally thinks of as being in Central America are
in fact part of North America.  There seems to be some question
depending upon who you ask whether all of Panama is in fact in North
America.

http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/na.htm
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/north%20america

                                        ---rob