>>> works for me, though i am not sure what you mean by "reactive"

The GNU Mailman software, which I believe is running the NANOG lists,
has the capability of allowing each subscriber to subscribe only to
topics which they are interested in. This is done by setting regular
expressions to tag a message with a topic, I believe this mechanism
is being exploited by the MLC right now.

If the list management would begin using this feature for all
subscribers, then we could have a list where there was a
routingonly topic, a probablyok topic and an offtopic topic.
People who are really busy could subscribe only to routingonly,
those who don't mind variety could also subscribe to probablyok,
and only those with time on their hands would subscribe
to offtopic.

All of this could be done while maintaining one single NANOG list
for marketing and posting purposes. Note that RSS feeds could
be set up in a similar fashion to pick up specific topics.

Some other useful topics might be contactrequest, securityexploits,
dnsrelated, and so on.

--Michael Dillon