Hi,
* Am 09.10.2003 (18:18) schrieb Gert Driesen:
> > There sould be no reason we can't get the licencing change in for the
> > next release - assuming we can deal with any copyright holder issues.
> > So now we need to make the official dicision as to which licence. I'm
> > leaning towards BSD - what are everyone elses thoughts ?
>
> I would also prefer BSD, unless there's a slight chance that Apache is going
> to accept .NET projects :-)

Just my 2 cents on licensing change or stay or whatever:

* I think any license change should remember it's
  contributers thoughts. One main thing is, that we all
  contributed here because we think it' a great done job and
  it helps us in out current job. If we help us with writing
  tasks and posting it here, we help others. But one thing
  is no one likes to see his work be used by a third person
  to earn a lot of money without seeing the project
  *mentioned*.

* On the other a build tool will find it's way to corporate
  use. We had a discussion earlier. Corporate use brings up
  long time developed helpers, which won't be under an OS
  License. Support for NAnt will be probably included, and
  this would lead to licensing issues (breaking included).
  Who'll fight in case of licensing issues? One sole
  developer? The lead developers as representatives? Who
  pays? In dept, no one. Who wants to have companies having
  this problems? No one. We're all happy when NAnt can and
  will be used in a corporate environment. If a license
  change helps to improve relationship here, I'm strongly
  pro change.

As said. Just my cents. 'til tomorrow.

-sa

--
sa at programmers-world dot com
http://www.livingit.de

Mail geschrieben: Donnerstag, den 09. Oktober 2003 um 22:41