The mirroring can be Mercury drops or sometimes when a Nixie doesn't fire
up correctly the wires connecting the number glows instead of the number
itself and the deposit shows on the glass close to the wires.

Most tubes were switched on for some time in the factory so the bad ones
could be weeded out and also so that the ones specified for the military or
otherwise long life usage in some circumstances sat for an extra long time
so they will sometimes show some extra sputtering.

When you turn on a B-5092 Nixie for the first time after it has been stored
for very long time you can usually see that it glows along the wires before
the number starts to glow. I've bought a few of these in Swedish military
plain brown boxes that had an extra seal over the ends so from that seal I
know that these had been unopened for a very long time, even though they
were checked regularely before that, and some had this kind of sputtering
along the wires and some didn't even though they were manufactured at the
same time (had the same date stamps).

It could be that the Mercury in the tube is binding to the sputtered
material making it shinier than usual.

/Martin