Under the circumstances I would have to agree with you in this case. Perhaps he just left them off since it's so obvious that it does require Vcc and Gnd., or he simply forgot, and perhaps we will never know why with any certainty. Do we have access to other circuit schematics that he drew, and are Vcc and Gnd. omitted on them? That might shed some light on it. Ira.