That's to returning to Uruguay is depending of a lot of factors, I am very
engaged in different questions, Palestine, par example. I visited Ramallah,
Jerusalem and Tel Aviv the last Summer. Everyone there tells me in different
depressed ways_ "we are depending of the Americans, if the taxpayers should
wake up and see how their money is spent supporting 400000 settlers."
The same settlers Obama and Hillary Clinton say they want to stop.
I am so tired of political hypocrisy and people's indiference.
Ana

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Alan Sondheim <sondh...@panix.com> wrote:

> [...]
> is not an American citizen.
>
> And what _does_ one do about depression? I have my own nightmares, but
> they're compounded by what this country is becoming.
>
> - Alan
>

> On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Ana Vald?s wrote:
>
> > Hi Marc, Ruth and other active Netbehaviourists:
> > I wonder if this ongoing conversation is or will be kept indepentely from
> > our living situation or are we only able to communicate because we live
> in
> > the so called First World and enjoy cheap computers and huge broadband.
> > I am myself seriously planning to go back to live in Uruguay, the country
> > where I was born in and a place where I has not lived in the last 32
> years.
> > As many maybe know I spent four years in jail for political reasons when
> > was very young and I was deported to Sweden, where I been living since
> then.
> > Funny, the other day I participated in a meeting for writers (I am a
> writer)
> > in Stavanger, Norway, together with one of the injust jailed Maguire 6,
> > http://www.shahrazadeu.org/nb/content/kapittel-forgiveness-and-memory
> > and we discussed the common memories we shared, as writers being former
> > political prisoners.
> > I am tired of Sweden (160000 voters voted for a party of extrem right
> which
> > discourse is "we want get Sweden back". back to the 50:s, to an
> homogenius
> > monocultural backyard country, tired of seeing some tendences in the
> whole
> > Europe, France, Italy, Spain, Danmark, Finland, Norway, Germany.
> > Yes, we have small pockets of resistance and struggle, but the social
> > ,movements seems for now being in frank recess.
> > What do you think, do we have a chance to revert this sad process?
> >
> > If not, I wish you welcome to Uruguay, where the voters have elected a
> man
> > who spent 13 years in jail for political reasons. And he is the only
> > president in the world driving a Volkswagen from the 70:s and still
> living
> > in the small farm outside Montevideo where he and his wife (former jail
> > comrade with me) gew flowers to earn their life when they were released
> from
> > prison, 1985.
> >
> > Ana, a bit depressed
> >

> > http://anavaldes.wordpress.com,
> > http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
> > http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
> > http://www.crusading.se
> > Gondolgatan 2 l tr
> > 12832 Skarpn?ck
> > Sweden
> > tel +468-943288
> > mobil 4670-3213370
> >

> > "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with
> your
> > eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always

12832 Skarpnäck