I agree with some of your points, andreas. I do think that latching on to
terminology that is en vogue may be a factor but then again, isn't that
often what sparks new ways of looking at things? Taking ideas from one
field and exploring how they might apply to another? I'm not going to
criticize the use of an "oop" approach to philosophy. I think its a very
valid consideration within the context of the contemporary. Its intriguing
but in all honesty, I'm not convinced that it will amount to much. As I
said, isn't it just a repackaging of old arguments? Aren't we still faced
with the question of how we define a shoe if I decide to use it to open a
bottle of wine? In ooprogramming, objects are very clearly defined. They
will absolutely not allow methods that haven't been assigned to them. When
applied to philosophy, it sounds a bit like a return to constructivism, no?
And if they try to say that their use of "object oriented" is entirely
different, then we have to ask, "well, then why did you use that term if
you didn't want the two to be compared?" But who knows where it may lead if
we don't explore it?