It's the men who have traditionally gotten the most attention, but there have always been many brilliant women; when I did Individuals in 1974 for Dutton, the ratio was pretty much even, and when I curated later at Nexus in Atlanta, it was the same. This is an issue and prejudice on the part of cultural sexism, not on the part of the great number of amazing woman artists I've known. The museum director is obviously way out of line here and I wonder if he thinks all the men he loves are white.

Alan