I am running 6.1.1 on Windows. See attached to recreate bug.

breed [walkers walker]
breed [points point]

to go
  ca
  reset-ticks
 ask patch 0 0 10
  [
    sprout-walkers 1
  ]
while [ticks < 50] [
  ask walkers [
      rt random 30
tilt-up random 10 - 5
      forward 1
      hatch-points 1 []
    ]
    tick
]
end
[image: hatch_bug_v.6.1.1_image.png]

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 12:45 PM Charles <cstae...@smith.edu> wrote:

> As a frequent user of 3D, I tested this out on my Windows version 3D
6.1.1.  It's weird.  When I run the following

> breed [ points point ]
>
>> to setup
>>   clear-all
>>   create-points 1 [ setxyz 1 2 3  set size 5 set color red]
>>   ask point 0 [ hatch-points 1 ]
>>   create-points 1 [ setxyz -2 -3 -4 set size 5 set color green]
>>   ask point 2 [ hatch-points 1 ]
>>   ask points [ show zcor ]
>>   wait 20
>>   ask point 3 [ setxyz -2 -3 -4 ]
>> end
>

> The command center gives exactly what you would expect.  But, when I look
at the 3D View, the hatched and hacher points do appear to have different x
coordinates.  (You need to rotate the world up to see the z dimension.)
 They should be on top of each other, but they are not.  Indeed, after the
20 seconds of wait time, you see points 2 and 3 visually merge together so,
as far as the view window is concerned, they must have had different z
coordinates before merging.

> Charles
>
> On Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 8:37:19 PM UTC-5, Aaron Andre Brandes wrote:
>>
>> Hi Scott,
>> I've attached a NetLogo model that I believe tests this issue. The code
is also below.
>> I don't get the behavior you described on my Mac running 6.1.1
>>
>> Could you give me
>>
>> Your system information: NetLogo version, OS version, Java version, and
so on. This information is available from NetLogo’s “About NetLogo” menu
item, then clicking the System tab.
>> If the attached model doesn't reproduce the behavior you are seeing,
please create a model that does.

email to netlogo-devel+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/netlogo-devel/3d8dc3e7-c6f9-4e5d-80ba-60f29375e3bf%40googlegroups.com
.