From: <netlogo-devel@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Charles Staelin
<cstae...@smith.edu>
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 10:06 AM
To: Aaron Andre Brandes <aaron.bran...@northwestern.edu>
Cc: Steve Scott <stevescott...@gmail.com>, netlogo-devel
<netlogo-devel@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [netlogo-devel] Re: NetLogo-3d bug in hatch?

Aaron,

I've done some more testing.  First, my system:

NetLogo 3D 6.1.1 (September 26, 2019)
Extension API version: 6.1
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_202 (Oracle Corporation; 1.8.0_202-b08)
operating system: Windows 10 10.0 (amd64 processor)
Scala version 2.12.8
Java heap: used = 29 MB, free = 348 MB, max = 910 MB

JOGL: 2.3.2
OpenGL graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
OpenGL version: 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5063
OpenGL vendor: Intel

To show you what I see, I've attached a pdf with screen shots of the command
center, and the View window, both before and after the 20 second wait has
passed.  But, your code works, and I think I know why.  If you look at the
.nlogo3D file attached, I have a version of my code that sets the color of the
hatched point.  Now, the problem goes away.  I haven't tried other
modifications to the hatched point to see if they too would solve the problem,
but setting the color (or shape? or ?) seems to force the View to put the point
at the right z coordinate.

I'll look at Steve's model when I get a chance to see if I get the same
behavior.

Charles

Charles P. Staelin
Professor of Economics
Smith College
Northampton, MA 01063

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 8:58 PM Aaron Andre Brandes