On 4 Feb, Richard Porter wrote in message
    <26fe40a051.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>:

> On 4 Feb 2011 Rob Kendrick  wrote:
>
> > Also, NetSurf implements *FAR MORE* of HTML and CSS than either Fresco
> > or Oregano.  The amount of work it is doing is an order of magnatude
> > greater.
>
> The test pages were 'any browser' compatible so Netsurf didn't have to do
> far more than the other browsers.

I'm not sure that logically follows.  NetSurf still has to know how to do
far more than the other browsers, for pages that /do/ contain more modern
features, and selective amnesia might be even more inefficient overall.  (I
don't know for sure as I don't know that much about the layout engine in
NetSurf, but your logic seems faulty to me).

Also, define "any browser" compatible.  These days, I'd take that to mean
lots of CSS and not Fresco-friendly; YMMV.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England             Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Show
                                              Saturday 16 April 2011