On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 01:29:02PM +0000, Richard Porter wrote:
> On 4 Feb 2011 Rob Kendrick  wrote:
>
> > As I said, you know where the sources are if you think you know better.
>
> Point noted but I think the 'dancing around' is more of a design
> problem.

The problem is not as simple as you appear to think it is.  The
progressive relayout/reflow it does while fetching is there for good
reason.  And even if it weren't doing it, NetSurf would probably still
be slower.  Just because a page doesn't use any of the features NetSurf
has that Fresco etc do not does not mean that the assoicated code is
never executed, or data structures magically shrink, etc.

In the future, NetSurf should be faster; we already have plans on how
we're going to do that, and outlines for it all are on the development
wiki.

B.