On 4 Feb 2011 Brian Jordan  wrote:

> One thing occurs to me; you are using r11515 which is a development build
> of Netsurf which has with it a warning "Notice: At any given time these
> builds may be unstable or have verbose logging enabled which could
> compromise performance of the browser", have you fallen foul of this?

> Maybe a comparison with the most recent release version might give a
> different result.

Good point. I've run the tests with NS 2.6. The results were:
test 1 - 48s (but 5s returning to the same page)
test 2 - 19s (also 5s on return to the page).

So the initial rendering is slower in 2.6 (much slower for the
thumbnail index) but cacheing is a lot more effective.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com