On 12 Feb 2011 Steve Fryatt  wrote:

> On 11 Feb, Michael Drake wrote in message
>     <51a418f545t...@netsurf-browser.org>:

>> In article <1ab017a451.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
>>    Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Try the other test. Go to http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/galleries.html
>>> and click on the link "Mk.VI".
>>
>> Less than 5s with incremental reflow on.

> I've just tried these two tests on RPCemu, which I /think/ is running at a
> bit less than SA RiscPC speed on my system. I get:

>        Incremental  Non-Incremental
> URL 1: 5.7s         4.5s
> URL 2: 7.7s         8.5s

> I'm using a broadband connection.  What processor and internet connection do
> you have with the RiscPC, Richard?

Kinetic RiscPC 300 MHz (StrongARM).
ADSL - PlusNet "up to 2Mbps". Ethernet router/switch to Unipod
interface. The page formats almost instantaneously on the Macbook with
Firefox so I don't think line speed is a significant factor.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com