Hi All,

Thanks for the help with the installation of Mandrake 5.3. The
installation went smooth and nicely, the only trouble at the moment is
to configure the Xwindows. I am having a 15" Tatung monitor with max
res 1024*768 and a refresh rate in the range of 50-70 Hz and  a max
24 bit of color depth. My video card is a SiS 6326 pro AGP.
I've  tried xf86config and XFConfigurator, but with no success so far.
All I get is a dark background with Kde,  and the mouse pointer stays
flickering on the top right corner of the screen .  I have no idea of
what to do as to bring it in a sort of taskbar ( excuse the windows
terminology) in the bottom of the screen.

Any pointers to a solution are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Bernardo

>>> "Bernardo Rodrigues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 02/17/99
03:28PM >>>
Hi there,

I've got a burnt CD of Mandrake 5.3 and I am going to install the
software as soon as I get home. I've been reading the installation
procedures but need some more information.
I've gote two IDE HDD one of which I defined as primary master (here
is where I want to put Man 5.3 and Lilo) and a secondary master (here
I've got the Win stuff, do not blame me all belongs to my better half)
.

Question 1: How I am supposed to install Man 5.3 using the CD, chances
are that I'll go to Win first and certainly from there I cannot  read
my primary HDD. How do I do this?
Question 2 : I've got RH 5.2 running in the 1st HDD, with the dual
booting  options working fine, but I still prefer to have Mandrake
5.3, should I uninstall  RH 5.2 first or just perform an Installation
of Mandrake on top of RH 5.2  and then do the Lilo configuration and
the other steps?
Question3 : If question 2 has a positive answer how do I uninstall  RH
5.2?

In the hope of some light.
Thanks

Bernardo