On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:22:08 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Thanks for the help with the installation of Mandrake 5.3. The
>installation went smooth and nicely, the only trouble at the moment is
>to configure the Xwindows. I am having a 15" Tatung monitor with max
>res 1024*768 and a refresh rate in the range of 50-70 Hz and  a max
>24 bit of color depth. My video card is a SiS 6326 pro AGP.
>I've  tried xf86config and XFConfigurator, but with no success so far.
>All I get is a dark background with Kde,  and the mouse pointer stays
>flickering on the top right corner of the screen .  I have no idea of

Sounds like you have a might have a problem with either an irq
conflict or you are selecting the wrong comport when you select the
port for your mouse.   Check the irq's for your ports 1 - 4  .   And
make sure in xf86config that you are assigning the correct port for
your mouse.    Also double check that you are selecting the correct
video card in xf86config.