On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 09:07:14 +0200, you wrote:

>First it sounds like you are selecting and setting up for the lowest
>resolution and screen size.  In xf86config at the selection where it
>asks you if you want the default resolution or to select your own,
you
>need to select your own.

>In there it will ask you if you want to select the screen resolution
>for each.  Where the default selections most likely will be 2345 up
>untill you get to 1256x1024 or so.   What you want to do is either
>reverse the selection and make it like 5432 or select the one screen
>size that you want for each of the selctions and select that one
>screen size.   Try that and see what happens.
>I hope I explained it well enough...without actually looking at
>xf86config, its kinda hard sometimes to explain from memory.

Sorry, I've tried hard to see if I could find what you suggetsed me to
do, but  with no success. Where must I look. In xf86config, I didn't
find anything like of this kind. Can you try and rememeber exactly
where this things are. Please.

>Also, I think someone else has posted about using a device setting
for
>your card that might help.

This  solved the problem somehow. I am yet to configure some stuff (
ie sound and mounting the CD-ROM and Floppy) and the task bar which
moves from time to time ( it hides itself automatically and it comes
back when it is not invited ). How do I sort this out.

All the best.

Bernardo