On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> I am in the process of setting up my first linux box and have the opportunity to
>select a new graphics adapter.
I have an STB Lightspeed 128 available which appears to
give reasonable output with the SVGA server however I am
unsure about the differences between the various servers.
Could someone recommend one server over another (and for
that matter a graphics adapter) or do I have a decent
combination already.  My principle usage at this time is
internet browsing but anticipate the need for higher
quality graphics.

www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html is the site you need to visit
to see if your card is supported by the current version of
the FREE X-server, xf86. If it is not, you'll need to
decide if you want to BUY an X-server or buy a new card.