You might consider a Graphics Blaster TNT or a GB TNT2 from Creative Labs.
NVidia, the chipset Manufacturer, now has an accelerated X-server you can
download for free for those cards. :-)
----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Linux-newbie (E-mail) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 1999 4:54 PM

> I suppose I was unclear regarding my posting earlier.
>
> I am the only person I know who has ventured into linux and therefor have
no way to compare graphics adapters / monitors.  I have the STB Lightspeed
128 adapter installed and it gives what I would consider reasonable
performance for the time being (considering that I only have the Mandrake
KDE environment and no apps. to compare it with.)   I am wondering if
anybody has something they would definitely recommend as a "higher end"
graphics adapter (please, keep it under $200.)