I don't know about that "special driver" you mention.  It sounds like a
problem with your motherboard (or IDE controller not recognizing 2 disks).
If that's so, then what I'm about to say won't help, and may even hurt
(you'd have to re-format the MBR and put that "special driver" on again).

/etc/lilo.conf is the config file for lilo.  When you run /sbin/lilo, it
will read this config file (or another if you use the -C option).

*****/etc/lilo.conf (on my machine):

boot=/dev/hda           #tells where to put LILO (in the MBA of
                        #the first IDE drive)
map=/boot/map           #Specifies location of map file
install=/boot/boot.b    #Which file to install in boot sector?
prompt                  #Tells LILO to prompt before booting
timeout=50              #Wait 50 tenths of a second before going to
                        #default selection
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.9-19mdk #Kernel image to load
        label=linux             #What you type at the lilo prompt
        root=/dev/hda1          #Which file system is / (root)
        read-only               #Mount the root fs as read-only (in case
                                #it has errors)

Instead of an "image=..." entry for Linux kernels, you need an
"other=..." entry for another OS.  You need to add an entry like this (at
the bottom of the file):
other=/dev/hda2         #Which partition's boot sector do I load?
        label=dos       #What you ype at the lilo prompt
        table=/dev/hda  #Pass this partition table table to the other OS

You might try this, to see if it works.  Be sure to save all your boot
disks, at least the first time, just in case.  Be sure to modify this as
is appropriate for your system.

     -Matt