Ok, in the last 2 days I've reinstalled about 4 times to try and sort
out various bugs. Please be patient with me (this *is* a newbie group
after all). Here are my problems:

1) SCSI.
        My system is using Adaptec 152x SCSI Host Adapter. When I do the
install and try to have Linux probe the card it says it can't find one
on my system. If I try to do the install manually it asks me for a
module. What goes here so that I can try a manual install?

2) Sound.
        Install never asks about sound cards and so far I have no audio.
Where/how do I configure audio??

3) Hard Drive.
        I just installed a brand new 17.6 Gig hard drive to run Linux on. It is
setup as my primary slave. When I partitioned it with Disk Druid I set
up 1.5 Gig for my "/" partition, 128 MB for my swap, and 400MB for
"/home". Now the rest of that drive should, in theory (I think) show up
as another drive in Windows. However, in Windows there is no sign of the
remaining 14+ GB of hard drive space. Where did it go? Will I be able to
save files on it and if so what format?

4) CD-Rom.
        It must have found it during the install because it had no problems
CD's via Linux there are no drives mounted. How do I mount them?

I wanted to add, if there are any Mandrake employees reading, that the
install documentation I received with the Deluxe Linux is pretty
anemic.  The install did not happen in the same order as it appeared in
the install guide and some options which I ended up needing were not
even covered.

The user guide is about as helpful. It almost seems to assume some prior
knowledge of working with in the Linux environment. Thank God Mandrake
chose to include 3 other books on CD-Rom. Unfortunately, the user guide
is so useless I can't get my CDRom to mount so I have to read the
contents in Windows, memorize, then go to Linux and try what I read.
I've been sitting at my computer for close to 8 hours today and I'm
still right where I started.