Yep, bought an Apollo

Customer Support said there's a Linux Driver but they can't tell you what it is because they don't support Linux.

500C should work fine.  Unfortunately I did not get a chance to try it.  The internal mechanism and the external feed tray were mounted in such a way that paper would not feed.  (One to the extreme right and the other to the left so that paper could not even be shoved in.  Since it was all plastic, there was little chance of correcting it.

I didn't bother paying the shipping to send it back, just gritted my teeth and took the loss of $78 plus $42 freight as the thing went where it belonged....  To the junkyard.

Civileme

John Aldrich wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> If you need a good printer try any of the epson inkjets (600-800)... they freakin' rock in linux.

Ok...I looked at the "Linux Printer Compatibiltiy" web site
and was really tempted to go more to the HP side,
especially since they say they're supported under DOS 3.3
and above. My thinking on that was that if they're
supported by DOS 3.3, they CAN'T require any special
drivers.... :-)
I guess what HP means when they say it'll work under DOS is
that it'll print black & white text! :-)
Do you know anything about the Apollo P-1200 Color printer?
It's supposed to be an HP printer in disguise -- Apollo
being a subsidiary of HP.
        John
--
Rejoice, the wait for Windows 2000 is over!
http://www.ms-windows-2000.com/