On Wednesday 26 June 2002 03:50 pm, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
> I installed lm_sensors but I need help configuring. As root sensors
> -s returned no sensors found message.  the man page told this but
> little more. /etc/sensors.conf need help deciphering what I need to
> do/not do in here.

     Did you run 'sensors-detect' (as root)?  It asks a bunch of
questions (default answers are usually best), then generates some
lines you need to paste into /etc/rc.d/rc.local  and
/etc/modules.conf.  You might also need to put 'i2c-proc' in
/etc/modules.  Then as user typing 'sensors' should display temps,
fan speeds, voltages.  Normally you shouldn't need to edit
sensors.conf.

> >  http://www.memtest86.com/     but there's probly already a
> > Mandrake rpm for it on your CD's.
> >  Somethin like 'dd if=memtest86-xxxx.bin of=/dev/fd0'  will copy
> > memtest86 to a floppy you can then boot from. ie, when lilo comes
> > up, choose 'floppy'   No need to set the bios to boot from
> > floppy.
>
> That was easy.  Just the testing takes forever. Which test is most
> important oc'ing?  I'll give this a try after I get lm_sensors up
> and running.

     It'll run forever if you let it, but if you've got ram problems
they'll usually become apparent immediately or at least within 15 to
30 minutes.  For a thorough test let it run overnite.  You should see
-0- errors.
--
    Tom Brinkman                      Corpus Christi, Texas