On Tuesday 02 July 2002 02:40 pm, Terence J. Golightly wrote:

> > > # I2C adapter drivers
> > > # I2C chip drivers

       These are just comment lines, nothin's being done

> >   Show stopper.  sensors-dectect is failing to find any i2c
> > hardware to match a driver to, or v-versa.  What motherboard ?
> > (brand & model)
>
> SoYo Dragon Plus Athlon xp 2100 plus.

> Check my attachments.
i2c-via.o: vt82c586b not found
i2c-via.o: Error while reading PCI configuration

     It's not finding a sensor module for your mobo's chipset. Could
be other reasons, but maybe the mobo's chipset isn't supported yet?
You might try puting these lines in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-via    (try also,  modprobe i2c-viapro)
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe lm80     (try also,  modprobe lm75)
modprobe eeprom

     and these in /etc/modules.conf
# I2C module options
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev

     also add this line to /etc/modules
i2c-proc

    ...and see if it works.  Other than that, I'm at a loss. You might
need to report the problem directly to lm_sensors, or get with
someone who's got a SY-Dragon+ and see how they got sensors workin,
and with what kernel.  With the latest cooker kernels I'm gettin
scrambled mostly useless output from lm_sensors.
--
    Tom Brinkman                      Corpus Christi, Texas