On Sunday 30 June 2002 03:37 pm, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
> > > sensors -s gives a "no sensors found" message.  I looked at the
> > > sensors.conf file and I know I need help in setting it up.
> >
> >    Did you read the docs, run 'sensors-detect', and put the
> > appropriate lines in modules.conf and rc.local ?
>
> I still have more reading to do.  From the docs it looks
> complicated.  I recompiled a kernel here and there but not gotten
> as involved in loading modules and manipulating rc.d files and
> such.

     I'm beginning to suspect you're workin from a tarball.  don't,
and don't use those docs.  No kernel recompile is neccessary.
Mandrake kernels have had the i2c modules for a long time. Install
the lm_sensors rpm, use urpmi as I don't remember if the
liblm_sensors rpm is needed or not. Then it should be as simple as
o    run 'sensors-detect' and hit <Enter> for each question it asks
o    cut'n paste the lines it generates into the appropriate
     modules.conf or rc.local file (detect tells you what goes where).
     Add    i2c-proc   to /etc/modules (not modules.conf)
o    Easiest thing is to reboot, tho it can be done without rebooting.
o    Type 'sensors' in a term, and you should see sensor output.

--
    Tom Brinkman                      Corpus Christi, Texas