Tom,

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 20:25, tom brinkman wrote:
> On Monday 24 June 2002 03:57 pm, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 10:37, tom brinkman wrote:
> > >       I suspect he's got the FSB set to 100 rather than 133.  On
> > > some Soyo motherboards this can be set in bios, some require 2
> > > jumper settings on the mobo.   Terry's got his XP runnin at
> > > 12.5x100, rather than 12.5x133
> > > --
> > >     Tom Brinkman                      Corpus Christi, Texas
>
> > Yup!
> >
> > Thanks all
>
>Try up to 12.5 x 143 (1788 Mhz),

I don't know about oc'ing my system it sits in an un-airconditioned
house on the top floor. Fans are the only thing moving air around to
make it bearable.  I like to leave the machine running, but with the
heat it shut itself off until I added one of those twin fans that mount
in a hd bay.The past several days the room was over 90 degrees
farenheit.

I did order some more cooling goodies from Tiger direct maybe I'll try
it then.  One's a heat sink like device for the memory stick another is
a fan with digital thermometer and one is another variation on the drive
bay fans. Plus some round ribbon cables to clean up the inside of the
box and allow better air flow.

>your PCI/AGP bus will still be real close,

Close meaning?

>Don't go over 144 tho, if you do try anyhow, boot a memtest86 floppy

what is a memtest86 floppy?

>rather than your FS.

Do you mean by FS file system?

>Add a touch to Vcore voltage,

I'm not up on some these settings This means cpu voltage core right?

Soyo's already add a touch to IOv.

IOv meaning the IO voltage for the internal peripherals?

Actually a touch more Vcore's not a bad idea even if you don't oc.

>    You'll be in the XP 2200+ ++ range, solid as a rock ;~>>

>    Soyo, best AMD app'vd oc'ing mobo IMO, LinuxHardware thinks so too

Yeah I checked them out at one non-Linux Hardware Site before going to
LinuxHardware too see if they had tested the Dragon Plus.

I need a refresher on oc'ing, is there a site you recommend?

thanks,

Terry