On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:01:15 -0700
Sevatio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What's your opinion of IBM Hard Drives?  I was going to continue buying
> them since IBM is a supporter of Linux.  However, some of the customer
> feedbacks I've been reading makes me apprehensive about touching these.

IIRC there where negative Linux user's experiences with some recent
IBM drives regarding MTBF but I can't find any references ATM :(

http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0-1092-404-1664463.html also mentions
reported problems with a certain recent IBM drive.

Please note: this is just what I think I remember, plus an URL for a website.

    -Frans

Btw: I just read Charlie's mail: I guess all is well with IBM and Linux :)