On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 19:27, bascule wrote:

> how big is the hard disk, if there is space and win is installed and you have
> the utilities to do it you could make room for a partition to copy one iso to
> and do a hard disk install using the hd.img on floppy, you could then add the
> other cd's to rpmdrake/urpmi and install whatever else you need
>
> a bit long winded, but unless there is any networking built in? and you can't
> get cd booting to work i can't think of any other solution that doesn't
> involve taking the hard drive out
>
> bascule

The HDD is only 4gb as far as I know.  Now what you're suggesting is
perfectly feasible Bascule, except I tried this on my own desktop
machine not long ago & had zero luck with the installations.  I gave up
& just went back to doing it by booting the CD's themselves.  Now, iirc
when I did it on the desktop machine, I had copied all files from the
CD's onto the HDD (Not in ISO format) into one big directory.

Any idea on how to do that & make it work?  Or using the ISO Idea...same
thing.  Because I sure couldn't manage to make it go last time.

Femme