I have read everything on linuxmodems but I didn't find anything about my
modem
(Micronet Shuttle 3000E, having Texas RK 56000 chipset.  Neather find
anything from Texas too)
But I wonder, as it is an external Hayes modem, has to have a driver realy?
Standard commands for Hayes modem shouln't be ok? At least can't I make it
work with Hayes commands at lower speeds? (not V90)

Yes, I think I use KDE (this one who looks like windows) and there is
nothing about modem settings even on expert mode.
MUST exist a config file for modems I believe.

I can take the 2 more CDs of Mandrake from a friend, isn't anything there?
(I have also a web camera - Creative USD II- and a Winfax TV/FM card , it
can't regognize them too. A old scanner -Targa 800C with IF01 card- too). I
didn't believe I will have problem with my modem connection, only with
these.

I enclose the answer from Micronet - a part of it-
========
Sorry sir, Micronet does not support Linux technical service. You can find
some technical service company like RedHat and serching for the solution.
========

PS. I want to run an Apache/MySQL configuration on this for e-commerce
development (OSC).

Makis