> > On Monday 12 August 2002 11:42, savaidis wrote:
>
> There is not KPPP there and I couldn't find it on CD1 of installation
> either.
>
> Makis

<rant>I had this exact problem when I installed Linux for the first time. For
reasons COMPLETELY beyond my comprehension, Mandrake never had the common
sense basic applications like pppd checked by default when you custom install
the Networking group. The only way I could get it to work as a first-timer
was to install the Recommended package, which was missing many other features
I needed. It also used to be very, very difficult to find files I needed the
way they are organized in the installation process, until I came across the
option to show files either in tree form or alphabetically. I never noticed
this until 8.0 but it is a wonder-worker for me when it comes to finding
essential files that are buried under heaps of useless apps in the tree
structure.</rant>

That's the long intro to my solution, which is that you seem to be missing
the ppp daemon and need to add it so you can use kppp to connect with your
modem. Get into Software Manager > Installable > *Flat List* and find pppd.
Install that and you should be at least on your way to being all set. After
that follow et's instructions and I think you'll be ok. Good luck.

Peace,
Isaac

"I usually take garbage records out to the range and blow them away with my
rifles."
 - Johnny Juice Rosado (studio DJ and occasional producer for Public Enemy)