Okay, this definitely fits in the newbie catagory...

I've been playing around with my dual-boot Win2k/ML9 install, when it finally got to
me that I can't really interact
with the Windows partition, due to the NT file system.  So, I decided to downgrade the
Windows install to Win98SE.
Now, what makes this a newbie issue is that fact that I blindly deleted the first
partition on the drive, which
happened to have both the Win2k install and the boot loader redirectory, so now I
can't boot into Windows (duh) NOR
Linux!  (I understand that's not entirely true, but for newbie purposes we'll presume
that it is)

So, in perfect newbie fashion, I decided to pop in my Compaq Evo N150 recovery disc
and completely start ALL OVER
AGAIN!  But here's the question:  If this "recovery" forced me to reformat the entire
drive and make the whole thing
one partition, how am I supposed to install Linux on it for a dual-boot?  Maybe I
should ask "WHERE" am I supposed
to install Linux?

Please help, because I'm sure to cause myself more pain hashing through it myself...

-Lawrence