From: "Flux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Linux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 9:59 AM
Subject: [newbie] Linux w/ Win98SE

Okay, this definitely fits in the newbie catagory...

I've been playing around with my dual-boot Win2k/ML9 install, when it
finally got to me that I can't really interact
with the Windows partition, due to the NT file system.  So, I decided to
downgrade the Windows install to Win98SE.
Now, what makes this a newbie issue is that fact that I blindly deleted the
first partition on the drive, which
happened to have both the Win2k install and the boot loader redirectory, so
now I can't boot into Windows (duh) NOR
Linux!  (I understand that's not entirely true, but for newbie purposes
we'll presume that it is)

So, in perfect newbie fashion, I decided to pop in my Compaq Evo N150
recovery disc and completely start ALL OVER
AGAIN!  But here's the question:  If this "recovery" forced me to reformat
the entire drive and make the whole thing
one partition, how am I supposed to install Linux on it for a dual-boot?
Maybe I should ask "WHERE" am I supposed
to install Linux?

Please help, because I'm sure to cause myself more pain hashing through it
myself...

-Lawrence

----