hey flux,
why not use an ntfs partitions for the win system, you will be able to mount
it read only noproblem in linux, and use a shared fat partition if you want
to write stuff to a place that win can see, for all the problems that win is
accused of having ntfs is definitely a more secure option than fat, just
don't try to write to it in linux, getting back lilo is just a case of using
your boot disk as mentioned elsewhere,
if you didn't make one then something like tomsrtboot disk can be used to boot
the machine, then you mount your linux parition somewhere, chroot into it and
run lilo - at least that's what i've done in the past

bascule

--
Looking into Granny's eyes was like looking into a mirror. What you saw
looking back at you was yourself, and there was no hiding place.