On Thursday 31 October 2002 10:45 am, Jim Dawson wrote:
> On a related note, does anyone know if DVD+R/+RW is supported under Linux?
> The versions of cdrecord that I have used support DVD-R/-RW but not +R/+RW.
>
> Also, does DVD+RW packet writing mode (mount the DVD as a volume and write
> to it like any other R/W removable media) work under Linux?
>
> Thanks.

Good questions. Read about "Mount Ranier" disk writing software using your
favourite search engine since packet writing is what it's supposed to be it's
primary focus, and you may want to check out this site:

http://www.dvdwriters.co.uk/

cdrecord is a 'work in progress' as with almost all GNU GPL software.

Straight "from the horse's mouth:"

http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html

and the "project pages" at freshmeat:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/cdrecord/?topic_id=257%2C19%2C845%2C118%2C139

has all the links and the information you need may be there or linked there.
There's an updated version as of Monday by the way.

Everything I know about burning software I learned from reading the links I
found on Google searches.

Regards;
--
Charlie