On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 14:14, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> Stephen:
> My understanding is that the 1024 cylinder limit hasn't applied to Mandrake
> since 7.1 (assuming a 1998 or later BIOS).
> -- cmg
That could be more than true, but I still like to play "better safe than
sorry". Generally speaking, I like to put the /boot and the / on the
first drive below the 1024 mark, then the /home (or whatever) and the
swap on a completely different physical drive (or more!). Same with any
version of Winders - I put the OS on one drive and the TEMP or PAGEFILE
on another physical drive...

For all intents and purposes, MDK might be "a happy camper" beyond 1024,
but I still like to impose my scheme...(for load balancing amongst other
things)...I'll give it a shot on my next test system to see if it
works...Tanx Carroll!

(a rut is a grave with both ends knocked out!)
--
Thu Nov  7 14:25:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389

QOTD:
        My mother was the travel agent for guilt trips.