From: "Franki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 4:10 PM
Subject: [newbie] Really important suggestion for mdk9.1 installation.

Hi guys,

I am installing 9.0 on a box that was having some probs after updating 8.2
security updates..

Anyway, my CD's were burnt at 2x speed, the checksum's matched and it worked
on another system I have..

Occasionally, with some hardware, the installer has probs with some
packages.. and instead of offering to eject the CD so you can clean it, or
asking if you want to retry, it just asks if you want to continue..

Why not ask if it should retry???

I even have more then one copy of mdk9.0, so I could stick in another copy..

but the install just asks if i want to continue....

My suggestion is "can we have the ability to retry, and even clean the
CD??""

its annoying to have to stop the install to clean the CD (or whatever) and
have to start from scratch again..

Anyone else ever had the installer give that message?

I have a near new 48x CDROM that sometimes (fairly occasionally) results in
that message.. and each time I've had to start the install again...

rgds

Frank

----