On Thursday 07 Nov 2002 4:31 am, qhwang wrote:
> I have found something interesting in the FAQs of Ranish Partition
> Manager. It says,
>
> "18. What about resizing of NTFS partitions?
>
>   Unfortunately, there are no free utilities yet to do this. So you need
> to go for commercial/shareware utilities.
>
>   Bootit Next Generation: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com
>   Partition Magic:        http://www.powerquest.com ".
>
> It seems that I have to buy a small hard disk for Linux.

Haven't checked recently, but Bootit NG (above) used to have a free trial
(30 days) which I've used in the past - actually I ended up purchasing it
because it was very easy to use and was the cheapest available.  It works
too!  The first time I ever tried linux, I repartitioned with Bootit but
that was with Win98SE (FAT32) not NTFS.

If they still have the trial version, download it and read the docs.  If it
says it can resize NTFS then it will.  Its not a bad little program IMHO.
Like I said, its very easy to use.  I've even used it to backup partitions
to CD-RW and used them to restore (back when I used Winblows, that is).

Don't forget to backup first.

Good luck
Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today