It seems to me that someone has suggested here before that there is a shareware/freeware tool that will resize an NTFS partition safely. I think the reference was not very detailed, so I may have assumed that it was 'free' and not a commercial product.

Have you tried to do a search through the last archive done of the newbie listserv for 'NTFS' to see what others have said? I have never tried to do this, opting to back up what I have to save and redoing the partition from scratch to the size I now want it.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 5:58 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Fwd: Dual Boot?

Hi there,

Can you explain in detail about what you do for the dual booting? I am struggling with this problem. I have asked about it but the answer is to find some disk tools such as PatitionMagic to make a partition for Linux from the predefined NTFS partition(WinXP). However, PartitionMagic is not a free program. So can I share your experiences with this problem? Thanks in advance.

Wishes,

QingHua.