Any other listmates following this thread? (FYI--mdk9.0 on a i686)

I, too, have had problems with Konsole after upgrading to the full Qt
(Qt3, in my case).  I don't use kmail, so that one isn't an issue for
me. (It is a hassle shutting down and restarting artsd after booting to
have system sounds, though.)  Right now, I can do everything I need to
do in Konsole with a virtual console, so I can get along while figuring
this out and fixing it.

When I try to open Konsole, I get a segfault and core dump from
libc.so.6   Tracking down the problem, I've found that in /lib/i686/ and
/lib/ libc.so.6 it is symlinked to libc-2.2.5.so but in /lib/lsb/ it is
symlinked to libc-2.2.90.so  Looks like good setup for a conflict...and
if I try to list the contents of /lib/lsb/ from _inside_ the directory,
I get a core dump...from _outside_ the directory, with a full path, I
get the list.

My first inclination is to change the symlink in /lib/lsb/ for lib.so.6
to point to the libc-2.2.5.so  to match the other two and allow
libc-2.2.90.so live there, too, in case something needs it.

Before I start changing symlinks, does anyone have an educated guess if
this is the correct change...or if there is something else I need to fix
instead?  Also--can changes be made while  running kde, do I need to use
a window manager other than kde or will I need to boot CD1/rescue to
make the changes without the filesystem mounted?

TIA,
Erik

--
Erik