On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 17:21, Erik Farnsworth wrote:
> Any other listmates following this thread? (FYI--mdk9.0 on a i686)
>
> I, too, have had problems with Konsole after upgrading to the full Qt
> (Qt3, in my case).  I don't use kmail, so that one isn't an issue for
> me. (It is a hassle shutting down and restarting artsd after booting to
> have system sounds, though.)  Right now, I can do everything I need to
> do in Konsole with a virtual console, so I can get along while figuring
> this out and fixing it.
>
> When I try to open Konsole, I get a segfault and core dump from
> libc.so.6   Tracking down the problem, I've found that in /lib/i686/ and
> /lib/ libc.so.6 it is symlinked to libc-2.2.5.so but in /lib/lsb/ it is
> symlinked to libc-2.2.90.so  Looks like good setup for a conflict...and
> if I try to list the contents of /lib/lsb/ from _inside_ the directory,
> I get a core dump...from _outside_ the directory, with a full path, I
> get the list.
>
> My first inclination is to change the symlink in /lib/lsb/ for lib.so.6
> to point to the libc-2.2.5.so  to match the other two and allow
> libc-2.2.90.so live there, too, in case something needs it.
>
> Before I start changing symlinks, does anyone have an educated guess if
> this is the correct change...or if there is something else I need to fix
> instead?  Also--can changes be made while  running kde, do I need to use
> a window manager other than kde or will I need to boot CD1/rescue to
> make the changes without the filesystem mounted?
>
> TIA,
> Erik

I'm wondering, though - have you made sure that after the upgrade that
the path to QT3 was in the /etc/ld.so.conf and the likes? If not, you
need to add it - and then run ldconfig - then try again...

--
Mon Nov 25 10:50:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Slous' Contention:
        If you do a job too well, you'll get stuck with it.