On Monday 02 December 2002 06:09 pm, kjc wrote:
> So far. Since installing MDK 9.0. I have experienced atleast ten core
> dumps. While running various tools etc..
> What is up with that !!!
What set up are you running? I have had 9.0 running since beta 1 and through 3
rc's and a final and now the store bought power pack and had no core dumps?
I am always amazed at the variation in problems showing up on the list,
course it isn't any dif than problems associated with that other OS as far as
I can see, but it must have to do with the possible permutations of hardware
running the software.  Oh, I did have a problem early on with shutdowns, but
that was cause I put the heatsink on my Duron processor backwards and it
wasn't even seated, hot stuff! Lucky the processor still runs.
--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842