Thanks for the update Todd,

tried the previous script out last night and it works great!  'Cept for
I still have a problem where after a reboot, my system did not
"remember" that I had the camera connected to the usb port - so I
had to reboot once more with the camera connected then it worked.
(Fuji Finepix A303 for those interested)

Todd, is it possible to replace the copy command in your script to a
move command?  I would like the photos to be wiped out after the process
runs.  I have not looked into your script to actually see what is going
on, but just noticed the pics were still on the camera afterwards.

Thanks again,
Steve

--
Linux user #280097