On Tuesday 31 Dec 2002 2:01 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Yes, mine has the xD memory (I am at work so I forget if it is dX or xD!
> LOL) but that is what mine shows also when I plug in the usb cable.  I just
> assumed that was the way it was - did not know that it could be used as a
> pc camera also.  For now, I do not need the function of a pc (web)
> camera...that is probalby another headache.

Yes I found that more or less straight away.  I haven't any need for the pc
camera at this time, though if I every get the **** recognised I might try it
later :)

> Remember I said before, but the documentation that came with my camera
> stated something about not being fully compatiable when using a usb hub -
> which is what you are using it sounds like.  Would be a shame if that is
> the only reason you need to boot into Windoze is to get your pics.

I have tried it with and without the hub.  It makes no difference.

> Is there anything I could do; ie, run some commands and post output to the
> list here from my setup at home for you to compare?  If so, state exactly
> what you need me to do (show commands I need to run) because I am still
> very much a newbie when it comes to Linux terms and commands.  I can do
> anything to help you this evening or tomorrow - will be at work today for
> another 8 or 9 hours (ouch)  My setup is at your disposal in order to try
> and track this down.

Hehe, we're all newbies here (at least almost all).  Perhaps others with chip
in with ideas that you could try for me, but for the moment, could you please
run

cdroast --scanbus

and post up the output?  It may help to see if your camera is recognised
there.  I understand that others have found their cameras listed there.

Thanks for the offer

Anne