Steve-
comments mixed in.

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 22:21:40 -0600
Steve Jeppesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the update Todd,
>
> tried the previous script out last night and it works great!  'Cept for
> I still have a problem where after a reboot, my system did not
> "remember" that I had the camera connected to the usb port - so I
> had to reboot once more with the camera connected then it worked.
> (Fuji Finepix A303 for those interested)

I don't reboot much, and don't have any other usb devices. I leave the usb
cable plugged in to the puter, then when I hook up the camera, I turn it
on in play mode (ready for transfer) and run the script. It always
recognizes the device. I wonder why yours forgets?

> Todd, is it possible to replace the copy command in your script to a
> move command?  I would like the photos to be wiped out after the process
> runs.  I have not looked into your script to actually see what is going
> on, but just noticed the pics were still on the camera afterwards.

I'm not sure about that--when I mount the camera, it is read-only; I
honestly haven't tried a move because I was paranoid about the script not
working and losing the pictures. I use the camera's erase all feature to
clear the card (mine's a FinePix 4700). I'll give it a shot and see what
happens.

Todd