Another thought Anne,

I have the Finepix S303 so I am "assuming" your camera is close to
the same.  Last night I found out the camera is supposed to be in "DSC"
USB mode when you plug it in. I was thinking to myself that it always is
in "DSC" USB mode so I never thought anything about it.  When I was
going thru the menu on the camera, I found a setting in which the USB
mode could be changed to "PC Cam"....

is it possible your camera is set to PC Cam instead of DSC?

Pulling straws here!

Happy New Year!

Steve

--