I filter the entire list into one folder called "Newbie" (orig. huh?
LOL)

but filter threads within?  Is there another filter which can be put in
place?  All I do is click the subject "button" above all the emails, and
it sort of filters by subject - not very effective though.

Using Sylpheed 0.8.5claws here.

Another filter I would like to use is something like, if I have not
marked (right now, by color marking) a message, I would like it to be
deleted after a week has gone by since the message was received.  Does
anybody know how to do that?  Haven't been able to figure that one out.

Thanks
Steve

--
Linux user #280097