On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:01:00 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Another filter I would like to use is something like, if I have not
> > marked (right now, by color marking) a message, I would like it to
> > be deleted after a week has gone by since the message was received.
> > Does anybody know how to do that?  Haven't been able to figure that
> > one out.
>
> That would be more difficult, I think, since filters are generally
> applied only on incoming mail.  I presume you are thinking about
> messages already downloaded?  If not, KMail can filter on <age in
> days>.  KMail has an option to 'apply on manual filtering' but I've
> never worked out how to use manual filtering  :)
>
> Anne

Got it to work on another, less important folder!  Not too sure when it
runs though.  I tried to manually apply filters, and that did not work.
But when I restarted (damn windoze habit!) Sylpheed, it deleted all
messages that were two days old.

In Sylpheed, you can right-click on the folder and choose Processing,
and then it is sort of laid out the same way as creating a filter.  Now
I will just have to customize it so it does not delete the ones I have
marked - perhaps I will have to mark them differently than with colors.

Gotta Luv Linux....now if I can get Linux to do my dishes I would be
set!

--
Linux user #280097
Machine #162480