On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:52, Steve Jeppesen wrote:
> I filter the entire list into one folder called "Newbie" (orig. huh?
> LOL)
>
> but filter threads within?  Is there another filter which can be put in
> place?  All I do is click the subject "button" above all the emails, and
> it sort of filters by subject - not very effective though.
>
> Using Sylpheed 0.8.5claws here.
>
> Another filter I would like to use is something like, if I have not
> marked (right now, by color marking) a message, I would like it to be
> deleted after a week has gone by since the message was received.  Does
> anybody know how to do that?  Haven't been able to figure that one out.
>
> Thanks
> Steve
>
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:20:42+0000 Anne Wilson<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
> > I don't think digest mode is an option.  What most of us do is filter
> > the list's emails, so that you can decide which threads you want to
> > follow
> >
> > Anne

My threading errors are a time zone problem (a child reply sent before the
parent). If only everyone used GMT and kmail sorted threads by this Santa.
Better, sympa could superimpose its own timing on each e-mail for us Santa.
Oh and the ability to delete an entire thread with any unsent children in
kmail would be nice.

If the list is too much for you, another option is to just use the archives
when you need them. First to search, then if necessary to post and watch for
replies... incredibly inefficient but it wouldn't clog the letterbox.
--
Michael