Charlie wrote:

On December 21, 2002 09:15 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
<snip>

If there is I don't see it.

John

John;
Open your Mozilla Messenger (mail) client then in the left column highlight your user account, then on the "Mozilla Mail - username@wherever" (right) side click on "View settings for this account." What pops open should be the account settings dialogue for your 'bagsofchoice' account. You'll see:

Account name;
Below that some noise about Identity including;
Your Name;
E-Mail Address;
Reply To; *this should be blank!!!*
Organization;

If you leave the 'reply to' pane blank default will be a reply to your regular e-mail address. The only way you'd want an address there (reply to) would be for situations where you want to have replies sent to a different address than the one you sent the message from. Otherwise default behaviour in e-mail clients when using the reply button is to send the reply to the e-mail address it came from. Reply all is a different negotiation.

Forgive me stating so many obvious things please? I've complained about the "Reply To:" issue on Mandrake mailing lists before because _I_ wasn't paying attention and sent replies privately rather than back to the list, and if settings are the only reason there are ways to prevent this minor aggravation even in "lookout depressed."

HTH.

Regards;

Yes, I got there in the end, but thanks all the same.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]